Monday, June 30, 2008

Turn Up The Volume

An old professor of mine used to say, "Let's turn up the volume on that" and then take a line and push it.

I just finished reading through Chapter Three. I've made comments on what needs to be fleshed out and where to turn up the volume. The amp has been on since Chapter One and I've made some noise, but in this chapter I begin to play with the distortion knob.

Have you ever played electric guitar with distortion? Oh how sweet it is. U2's "One" was the first song I tried it out on. Lately, I've done the same with Radiohead's "High and Dry." It's kinda like learning an 8-count swing out after only dancing 6 count; like watching your first curveball break through the strike zone after throwing a lifetime of straight-balls; like meeting someone who constantly makes you constantly say to yourself, "Damn, I never thought of it like that." It's refreshingly nasty and that's what Chapter Three'll get a lick of.

Put on your headphones.

No comments: