Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rejection #1

Well, I just got off the phone with a friend who is a long time literary agent. He has turned down the book saying that he didn't get it and that it wasn't for him. I've been waiting for this.

This is not only the book's first rejection, but is its first out and out negative review. Other folks have given it broad positive reviews before providing various criticisms. While I've worked hard to make this book accessible short of holding the reader's hand, I knew not everyone would like it and not everyone would get it. Now I have proof. Things were going a little too well there for a while. At least that's out of the way. But as my Mom likes to remind me, "Dr. Seuss was rejected 80 times before he got published." Thanks, Ma!

In other news, editing of version #4 is going well and I'm on track for a March 1st completion. I typically work best with a chip on my shoulder and well, now I've got one.

No comments: