Wednesday, November 11, 2009

You're speaking too loud, I can't hear you

In high school I played left bench on the varsity basketball team. We had an assistant coach who was a good player, but had a hard time getting his point across. He once told a player that his passes were too crisp. Maybe he wanted the kid to slow the pass down a bit to entice a defender into committing. He also told someone once that they were speaking too loud and that he couldn't hear them.

To that end, sometimes I come up with ideas that are either so obvious or so intricately convoluted that no matter how loud I make them, no one can hear them. For as much as I adore the premise of Not for Nothing, the story was too loud. Last night, though, I think I found a way to deliver the story without making anyone deaf.

Am I giving up on Family? Hells no. If anything, I'll probably work on both. I can't wait another two years to start another project.

No comments: