Thursday, December 20, 2007

What's the story?

"The Little Engine" is my way of kicking myself in the ass. It will follow my progress in writing a novel about a couple Africans who set up their own Peace Corps operation...in Mississippi.

At present I'm on the third draft of the introductory chapter which I plan to submit as a short story.

As I go I'll discuss the research I'm doing for the novel, how my approach to different aspects of the book develops and I may even post bits for public criticism.

2 comments:

Harris said...

It goes straight into my RSS reader and my blog "friends". Can't wait to watch the progress...

Bigtooth said...

Interesting! Reminds me of the fact that, in recent years, African churches have been sending missionaries to the wayward U.S., to bring us back into the fold from our wicked liberal ways.