Sunday, July 27, 2008

3 = 3 + 4 + 5 + 6

What up?

Lots here. I finished the third draft of chapter three! I effectively doubled the chapter's length then annexed parts of it for future chapters (4, 5 & 6 which have now been started).

I also attended a wedding in Columbus, Ohio where I met a couple living in Michigan who I hope to reconnect with next month when I visit. We talked about Michigan, its troubles and they alerted me to the state's meth, obesity and teen pregnancy problems. Good times!

I also dug up a piece in the NY Times from a couple years ago about a refugee community outside of Atlanta. Thanks to a great coach, they formed a youth soccer team which rubbed some locals the wrong way while inspiring others. Having read the account, I have a better idea of the trials and tribulations such a team goes through and how best to model my team throughout the course of the book.

So, essentially, I've found a way to slow down Chapter Three which was a concern earlier and to lengthen the store in a meaningful and informative way.

1 comment:

Bigtooth said...

Always happy to accidentally arrange your introduction to research assistants. :-)