Monday, September 1, 2008

7 Complete; MI interviews; On Deck

I just finished chapter seven and moved bits of it into 8, so that's started. I'm happy how the story is moving and how intrigue/tension is building, but it's still a little thin and could use some fattening up.

I sat down with a friend from Michigan yesterday to pick her brain about her time growing up there. Her most specific memories of Dearborn pertained to their Arab pastries. As a pastry baker, I should have no problem working them into the story and into my tummy, hopefully in October. I have also promised myself to email the Dearborn reporter/blogger and to get that ball rolling. This is my chance to do a better job of putting my finger on the pulse of local affairs.

Lastly, I'm close to finishing Buckley's Thank You For Smoking which I will discuss in more depth next posting.

No comments: