Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Squeeze Is On

In recent years it has become de rigueur for authors - rookies in particular - to handle their own marketing. At first the idea grated on me, especially when it made the marketing folks of publishing companies look redundant which didn't stop them from taking their cut. Now with groups such as Kickstarter, I like the idea of putting together my own marketing campaign (probably because I'm not paying some clown to watch me work).

I mention this because as you may have noticed my posts recently now bounce back and forth between the business end of getting Hooey Savvy off the ground and writing the next book. So for Hooey, I'm working on how to present my project on Kickstarter and acting as project manager.

The next project, a collection of baseball short stories I'm tentatively calling The Boston Squeeze, is coming along. I originally wrote it as 10-12 independent short stories, but now I'm working them together under the umbrella of the Squeeze, Boston's fictional National League expansion squad. That idea alone has me tickled, but I'm also excited about the new process I've developed to write this one which I'll discuss next week.

No comments: