Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Moment of Clarity

My last post, about twenty hours ago, asserted that, "the way forward is clear." After writing those words and before falling asleep I figured within 24 hours something would come along and muddle everything up.

On the contrary, the way forward has become more clear and simple. Go figure.

I've been banging my head against the wall under the assumption that the next step required landing an illustrator before I could start Hooey's Kickstarter campaign. This fell under the idea that the book had to be completely done, or at least appear so, to shop it.

I am a fool.

The emphasis now puts the focus on the Kickstarter campaign as the way to complete the project. Of course, the Kickstarter campaign will hopefully answer an even more important question: Does this project have popular support?

So what now? Now I revisit the script I've written for the Kickstarter video, I talk to videographers, tighten up the choreography of the Budget Dance, find some eight year old talent and maybe even a band to play a little ditty. I focus on the video, get it rolling and continue to monitor the rest.

Project Update: In search of an English to Mexican-Spanish translator, I posted a project description on Guru and have already received one application. Getting the translation done while I work on the video et al should be a time saver.

No comments: