Tuesday, January 29, 2008

First Submissions

After some more editing to make the story end a little smoother, I officially began submitting the first chapter to short story/fiction contests for publication.

A few years ago a friend submitted a short story of his which ended up receiving kudos from Glimmertrain. An agent read the story, contacted him and asked what else he had. The writer, Brian Slattery, just had his first book, "Spaceman Blues" published and now has a second on its way. I'm hoping that if someone asks me what else I have they'll be interested to know that I have the rest of the story that originally peaked their interest.

By the way, if you get a chance to hear Brian give a reading, check it out. In Joyce-like fashion, he's set some of his work to music. If you can't, pick up the book anyway. He has a blast blowing up the idea of someone being "an illegal alien." Literally.

No comments: