Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September Call Up

Assuming the Yankees avoid a Mets-like collapse in September (...), they should be headed for the playoffs in October. While I will continue to keep tabs on my team, I figure setting an October 4th (last day of the regular season) deadline for the next draft of ACYW is doable.

I've identified all the editing I need to do and have already knocked off the small stuff. The big stuff remains. Most notably, I've decided to tell the story from the point of view of Besat El-Reeh, the young Arab American reporter, more. It'll still be third person omniscient, but with a good helping of Besat.

For Family, I've written two versions of the first paragraph and continue to jot down notes about characters, voice and scenes. I reckon, in general, though, that the project will get pushed to the back burner while I focus on ACYW.

No comments: