Friday, October 17, 2008

134 and counting

For shits and giggles, I just took a tally of total pages written for "Any Color You Want". I figured I was around, maybe, 110. Turns out, I'm at 134. This surpasses a 120 page novella I wrote a while back and, with 2-3 chapters left, bodes well for 150 by the end of the first rough draft. And this means the chances of me hitting 180 after editing are looking good.

Now, quantity isn't always quality, but in this case if I can hit 180, I'd like to think it's because I will have filled out the thin areas that currently exist.

Chapter 16 is on deck. I wrote out an outline tonight and will start it tomorrow. This is where all the rising action comes to a head. I feel good about this one and then the epilogue, it's the chapter in-between those two that needs more thought. If I can finish 16 before I make it to Dearborn on Monday, I'll be a pretty happy camper.

No comments: