Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Buckley, 11, Prologue, Readers...

So I ended up going to the luncheon with Christopher Buckley last week, but it turned out to be a much larger (and senior) event than I had expected so no chances to talk shop with him. That being said, I think the time I took to think of questions for him also helped produce possible answers which I've been able to use.

I've also made progress writing. I finished a draft of chapter eleven and added a prologue before the intro chapter. The prologue does a better job of laying out the book's big question/premise while also aligning the book's story with some of the later allusions to Eddie Murphy films. Work on chapter twelve has begun.

A number of people have also volunteered to read the book when finished, including a literary agent friend. This is good news and I look forward to their feedback.

I may also be writing short scripts for a comedy troupe that hopes to air their work on YouTube which would be fun.

Lastly, I hope to have some other good news to announce relatively soon. Just want to be 100% sure first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice teaser. I can hardle contain myself with anticipation.